Welcome to this House of God. Talk to God before Mass. Listen to God during Mass. Talk to others after Mass.
New Guidelines for Mass and other Liturgical Services in Church
- Maximum capacity of our church for the Mass is 68 people only.
- First come, first served.
- Be considerate, patient and understanding.
- Follow 2 metre social distancing all the time in Church and its premises
- Sanitise hands on entry & exit.
- Follow signs & listen to stewards .
- Wear a mask or face coverings all the time in church. If you have any serious breathing problem or health issues please inform one of the stewards. Children under 5 are exempted.
- Avoid touching walls, door handles, etc… as much as possible.
- To light a candle please ask one of the stewards. Do not touch the candles under any circumstances.
- Receive Holy Communion in silence by hand only, not on your tongue.
- Communion in one kind only.
- No Altar servers.
- No Offertory procession.
- No Eucharistic ministers.
- No Sign of Peace.
- No Mass cards or hymn books.
- No Singing.
- No Offertory Collection during Mass.
- No Congregating in church and its premises .
- Please stay at home if you may have a pre – existing condition or are immuno-compromised.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling ill.
- Please stay at home if you suspect you may be ill or have been exposed to Covid 19.
- Please stay at home if you have a sick family member at home.
Fr. Vincent Arulandhu SCJ
Hello, and a very warm welcome to the web site of the ‘Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church ‘, Great Barr, Birmingham UK; known as ‘Holy Name in Great Barr’.
We are happy to extend a warm personal welcome to both parishioners and visitors through our web site. We hope that as you browse these digital pages it allows you to gain a snapshot of our life as a Parish Community; to see some of the many ministries and activities that make up our dynamic parish.
The message of the ‘Gospel of Christ’ and the liturgy, equips us not only to promote the values of the Gospel, but to live and share them with our brothers and sisters. We have many groups of people within our parish, who dedicate their time, energy and resources, to work together, to proclaim the mission of the Catholic Church in our local community.
We hope that you find this web site beneficial. ‘Where two or three are gathered in Jesus’ name, there he is present amongst them’ (Mt.18:20) May the presence of the Lord bless and guide our thoughts, prayers and actions.